Bringing Beer onto a Flight in your Checked Luggage
If you are planning a European trip, then one of the things that most people will be drawn to is the many different beers on offer. There are so many different types from all over Europe that it only makes sense to bring some back with you if you are a beer fan.
Of course, there are rules and regulations that you will need to follow, if you want to make sure that you are able to bring beer back with you safely. One of the questions that a lot of people will be wondering about is whether or not beer will explode in checked luggage. Well, there are a few things that you can do to make sure that this doesn’t happen.
Tips for Keeping Beer Safe in Checked Luggage
If you are going to be bringing beer on a flight in your checked luggage then there are a few things that you can do in order to prevent it from exploding. It is important to remember that during the flight it is likely to get knocked around quite a bit. Here are a few tips to help you keep it safe.
- Use Drinks Carriers – Before you actually pack your suitcase, one of the things that you can do is to purchase some drinks carriers. These cardboard carriers will allow you to store bottles or cans separately from each other, meaning that they will not bang against each other, thus reducing the risk of explosion. The great thing about these carriers is that they are cheap and easy to find, so you can purchase as many or as few as you need.
- Buy a Separate Case –If you are planning on bringing large quantities of beer back with you in your checked luggage, then one of the things that you could perhaps consider is buying a separate suitcase solely for the purpose of packing your beer. By doing this, you can make sure that there is enough space for the containers without having to worry about them exploding.
- Use your Clothes – When packing your beer in your checked luggage, it is always a good idea to use your clothes to protect the beer from the sides of the suitcase. Use them to act as a barrier of sorts, so that if the case gets knocked around during transit, you don’t have to worry about the beer knocking into the side of the case and exploding.
- Use Bubble Wrap – Again, if you are carrying large quantities of beer, one of the things that you could do is to wrap each can or bottle in bubble wrap. This may seem like a time consuming process, but is does allow you to make sure that the bottles and cans are protected whilst you are travelling and are less likely to explode if they move around.
Tips for Carrying Beer in Checked Luggage
If you are planning on carrying beer in your checked luggage, then there are a few things to remember in order to make sure that you can do so without running into problems.
- Bring ID – This one is very important. No matter where you are, you will have to be of legal drinking age in order to carry beer in your checked luggage and if you look young then you will probably be asked to prove this, so always make sure that you bring ID with you.
Check the Regulations – Before you attempt to travel with beer in your checked luggage it is always a good idea to make sure that you read up on the rules and regulations for the airline